Sunday, December 27, 2009

Silver Creek Falls - October 18, 2008


After testing riding and reading about many other motorcycles I finally decided on what bike I wanted, a Honda Shadow. In October 2008 I purchased a 2004 Honda 1100cc Shadow Sabre. It had all the features I wanted and I even found it in my home town. I wanted to get it out on the road before winter so I put together a short ride through Silver Creek Falls State Park.

We had seven motorcycles plus Russ's daughter Shelbi and my wife were passengers for this ride. On this trip were Dave riding his Harley Sportster, Eric riding a Honda Shadow Sabre, Ricardo riding his
Suzuki Intruder, Patrick riding his Honda Shadow ACE, Russ riding his Honda Magna, friend of Eric's riding a classic Honda VF Interceptor and me riding my Honda Shadow Sabre.

Since I
live near Silver Creek Falls State Park and everyone else traveled from either Salem or Dallas, Oregon I treated everyone to a BBQ lunch at our house.

We followed Hwy 214 (Silver Falls Hwy) from Stayton to Silverton, Oregon. Then traveled back roads just west of Silver Falls State Park and down to Shaw, Oregon. From there the group split up and made their way home.


Group photo in front of our shop (l-r): Dave, Eric, Ricardo, Patrick, Russ,
Eric's friend, Kevin and Shelbi. Cindy was taking the photo
.

Backyard BBQ

Getting ready to ride

Fueling up in Stayton, Oregon

Parking at overlook off Silver Falls Hwy

Russ looking over the valley towards the west

Visiting at the turnout off Silver Falls Hwy

Eric's friend, Dave and Patrick

Shelbi, Cindy and Kevin

Rest Break in Silverton

Russ and Shelbi

The entire ride was around 60 miles.

Here is a map of the route we rode:


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment