Sunday, December 27, 2009

Mid- Willamette Valley, Oregon - April 5, 2009

This ride combined some of the routes I'd taken in 2008 and enjoyed so much I wanted to ride them again. Joining on this ride was Aaron riding his Harley Davidson Road King, Russ riding his Honda Magna, Patrick and daughter riding his Honda Shadow ACE, Greg riding his Kawasaki Vulcan Custom, Jim riding his Harley Davidson Fat Boy and me on my Honda Shadow Sabre.

We started out from Salem, Oregon and met up with Patrick and his daughter at the bridge over the Willamette River in Monmouth, Oregon. We travel through Buena Vista, Oregon then crossed Hwy 99W to Soap Creek Road into Crescent Valley and Lewisburg, Oregon.

From here we traveled into Corvallis and then to Shedd where we finally stopped in Brownsville, Oregon. We planned to eat lunch in Brownsville but our options required everyone be over 21 years of age, which Patrick's daughter wasn't. We decided Sweet Home would be our lunch stop so we rode east on Hwy 228.

Things just seem to work out as we found the best little cafe on main street in Sweet Home. The service, atmosphere and food was great. Sorry I don't remember the cafe name but next time I'm in Sweet Home I'll check and update my Blog.

I then lead the group east to the Foster Lake Dam where we crossed over the dam then followed Berlin Road back to Lebanon, then back roads into Scio and finally Stayton, Oregon.

The group broke apart in Stayton and everyone headed to their homes.

This was a great spring ride and one I'll be taking again in 2010.


Motorcycles in Brownsville, Oregon
(l-r): Kevin's, Jim's, Greg's, Patrick's, Russ's and Aaron's

This ride was about 160 miles.

Map of the route:


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment