Wednesday, May 18, 2011

First Trip with Honda ST1300 - May 1, 2011



In October 2010 I purchased a 2007 Honda ST1300 to replace my 2004 Honda Sabre 1100. While I really enjoyed the Sabre I found it was better suited for weekend trips and I wanted to cover more miles during my outings. The Sabre only had a range of 150 miles per tank whereas the ST1300 has a range of 350 miles per tank and is built to eat up many miles per day.

My first long trip on the ST1300 was with Terrie and his wife Donalda on a loop from Stayton, Oregon south to Elkton on Hwy 38 with a quick stop at Loon Lake then over to the coast at Reedsport. Next we went north on Hwy 101 to Waldport then east on Hwy 34 to Corvallis and back to Stayton.

The entire trip was 325 miles and the ST1300 was a blast to ride. The engine is smooth as silk and has a nice wide power band. With an electric windshield, that can be adjusted on the fly, this bike a pleasure to ride. Looking forward to many more trips this summer.



City Park & Boat ramp in Elkton

Entrance to the Loon Lake Campground on the north side of the lake

Route we rode:


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment