Saturday, May 22, 2010

Oregon Coast by way of Elk City - May 15, 2010


The weather looked good on this Saturday so I rode solo over to the Oregon coast. I followed back roads most of the way. Along the way I stopped in Elk City, Oregon which has a very nice city park where you can camp right by the Yaquina River.

On my way through Toledo, Oregon I saw this train car with the OSU mascot (Benny Beaver). This is how I remember Benny looking when I went to OSU, way back in the late 70's early 80's.


I followed Yaquina Bay road into Newport, Oregon then wound over to Siletz, Oregon where I stopped for lunch and watched the Waldport, Oregon Jr. baseball team playing against the Siletz Jr. team.

I encountered some gravel roads on the return trip but saw some amazing scenery along the way. I should have taken the time to take more photos but I was having too much fun.


The trip took 6 hours driving time and covered about 230 miles.

This is the route I followed:

No comments:

Post a Comment